He is the serving overseer of The Watergate Church and the president of tree of life network, a Christ-centered community of saints pressing into the fullness of Christ, with grace to prevail, govern, and exercise dominion in every domain. He is committed to training, equipping, mentoring, and discipleship of the saints within and outside the nation. He is passionate about intimacy with God and expressing the fullness of Christ across the earth. He resides in Sango-Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria. He is married to Oluwatosin Adesina.
To build a people that will demonstrate the nature and attain the stature of Jesus Christ until the knowledge of the glory of the LORD takes over the earth as the waters cover the sea. Mat 5: 13-14 (Message) “Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill.”
To raise a people that will stand as true and faithful witnesses, leaders, and commanders by preaching Christ without distortion. Isa 55:4(KJV) “Indeed I have given him as a witness to the people, a leader, and commander to the people”
Excerpts from Sunday service…….
Topic: God in these days: A pathway to dominating our mountains of influence.
Text: Hebrews 1:1-2
“In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son….” (NIV).
1. The accurate description of the Son is a many membered body 1Cor12:12,14
– Christ the head, we(the church) His body!
– He is seated in heaven at the right hand of God.
– His organs are here on earth. Eg
¤ Heart – Burden
¤ Lungs – Breath
¤ Kidney – Waste Removal
¤ Reproductive – Seed
2. In essence, God in our days speaks in and through us.
3. That Which is spoken is the WORD, His message.
“The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood….. ” (John 1:14a).
4. God is dealing in us/forming/taking us through a process of refining to make His word flesh in us again that He may speak in us. Ps12:6
5. After He’s spoken in us (a phase of process), He speaks through us. (His message to our world.)
“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do (God speaking in Him) and teach (God speaking through Him),” (Acts 1:1).
6. The essence of God speaking to/in us is to begin a work in us to produce life and impart to us the Spirit of the word. For His words are Spirit and life.
7. Like in the parable of the sower Matthew 13:21 “tribulation/persecution arises because of the word to act as an incubator/heat to ripen/mature the word.
Remember Joseph 105:19
Sub theme: God in the mountains of influence.
8. God is God by Himself but has chosen to be God in the earth through us. Psalm 115:16
9. Christ’s church is like Jacob.i ladder Gen 28:12, john1:51.
God desires us to influence/extend Him in the earth as His portal. Obad1:21
Ways to express GOD in the mountains.
10. The basic way to express GOD is to understand how He creates/re-creates…. Via His word.
There are 3 ways to express the WORD.
– Think: our words from our thoughts. Here we need the revelation gifts.
– Say: we pray to God and speak to mountains. Here we need the utterance gifts.
-Do: we must be the solution and act like God. Here we need the power gifts and the fruit of the Spirit to develop character.
Excerpts from Sunday service……
Pst. ‘Debo Adesina…
Topic: Fruit of the Spirit.
Text: Gal 5:16-25.
1. The fruit of the Spirit is like a tangerine, it is one fruit but has different (9) segments combined into one harmonious whole.
2. We know believers by the fruit of the Spirit not by His gifts.
“A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. ” (Matthew 7:18).
3. There are 3 key things here:
– A seed
– A Tree
– A fruit.
4. The fruit therefore expresses the nature of the tree.
5. For the fruit to be produced it needs:
¤ Good soil
6. The heat is needed to ripen the fruit and it typifies situations that come our way to ripen/mature the fruit of His Spirit in us.
7. The fruit of the Spirit may be divided into 3 groups:
i. Our inward/inner state of mind:
¤ Love, Joy and Peace.
ii. Our attributes toward other people:
¤ Longsuffering, Gentleness and Goodness.
– This phase is vital in relationships esp. Marriage.
iii. Our demonstration of trust in God:
¤ Faith, Meekness and Self Control.
8. The first expression of the fruit mentioned is LOVE, because it is foundation to every other expression of the fruit and encompasses every other one.
9. It is the believers relationship with the Lord that causes him/her to bear fruit.
Topic: The prevailing prayer life.
Text: Luke 18:1-8
1. Passion in what you do is a vital ingredient for success for passion is a key ingredient in the scripture:
The effectual ‘fervent’ prayer of the righteous man availeth much.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” (1 Peter 5:8).
In both Luke 18 and 1 Peter 5:8 there was an adversary.
2. The adversary:satan responds to God’s word issued out in faith.
Steps taken by the WIDOW in Luke 18.
i. She recognised that there was a problem- The adversary.
ii. She recognised that the needed help; Justice.
iii. She decided to take action.
iv. She was persistent in her resolve.
v. She kept hope alive.
vi. She did not give herself a reason to fail.
vii. She did not settle for less.
viii. She prevailed.
Men ought always to pray, in trying times pray, in victory pray harder….
1. Dominion in 3 levels:
¤ Beasts of the field – EARTH.
¤ Fowl of the air – SKY/HEAVEN.
¤ Fish of the sea – DEEP
2. Hebrew 2:5-8 –> Reference to Psalm 8.
Dominion given to man not to angels.
¤ Thus we are called to have dominion over the works of His hands.
3. There are 3 descriptions of the children of Abraham:
¤ Gen 13:16 – Dust of the earth.
¤ Gen 22:17 – Stars in the sky, sands by the seashore.
¤ Gen 15:5 – Stars in the sky,
4. Christ is described in scriptures as:
¤ The seed of the woman.
¤ The seed of Abraham.
¤ The seed of David.
5. The expression of Christ as seed these dimensions are for:
¤ Woman: Bruising the head(mindset, thinking pattern) of the serpent.
¤ Abraham: Dominion over the work of His hands.
¤ David: Power/Authority over nations and people group.
Results of Christ’s Mindset.
6. The mindset of Christ seed in us will cause:
i. Us to possess the gate of the enemy (their place of Authority).
ii. Us to bless the nations of the earth.
iii. Us to bring forth nation and kings.
iv. Us to secure covenant for generations to come.
v. Us to become the starseed: note the stars flourishes in darkness.
vi. Us to realise that we’re seated with Christ in heavenly places and possess the blessings that He is.
Topic: The prevailing prayer life.
Texts: Psalm 97:2; 45:6, Proverbs 16:12; 28:1.
Theme: Righteousness and Judgment.
7. Before we can Walk in authority, righteousness must be imputed and implanted in our hearts.
8. Righteousness must move beyond a nature to a lifestyle for us to walk in authority.
9. Righteousness is in 4 ways:
¤ An Armor
¤ A Nature
¤ A Lifestyle
¤ A Person
10. When God said “Let us make man, He started by creating then forming until He made him.
11. Creation is in 3 levels.
– He creates.
– He forms.
– He makes. (process)
12. A major principle to express our dominion is to understand that: THE WAY UP IS DOWN!
– For Christ to ascend, he first descended.(Eph4:9)
– For us to birth Ephraim (fruitful), we must experience the pangs of labour of Manasseh(forget our afflictions).
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion…..” (Genesis 1:28).
13. For there to be fruitfulness, we must plant the seed in the earth and it must pass through the process of death.
For us to experience fruitfulness, God would take us through a process of barreness (death)
14. The road to multiplication starts with a breaking.
Jesus always took these steps with the bread
¤ He took
¤ He blessed
¤ He broke
¤ He gave (multiplication level)
15. Multiplication is not an impartation nor the increase of nothing but the blessing and breaking of His seed in us.
In Judges 5:16 & 20, we are like the pitchers of Gideon’s 300 that had lamps in them, they had to be broken at the sound of the trumpet of the master before their lights shone.
Summarily, for us to manifest dominion like God we must Walk in righteousness as a Lifestyle; in our thinking patterns and actions.